A few things to be aware of when you work with people:
- How we feel about something often matters the most
- We all have blind spots
- Most of us have control issues
How we feel about something often matters the most
We all have blind spots
You can step in to your clients’ blind spots. Just as I have to have a mental list of my children’s needs, so must you. Take stock of your experience – where are the gaps most often popping up for your clients? My photographer friend, Kirsten of K Solberg Photography, sends out a prep email before a shoot with important tips and reminders. Prior to a styled shoot I did with her, she eased stress I didn’t know I had by providing details on what I should do to prepare. All I had to do was show up because she didn’t expect me to operate in my blind spots. (And I didn’t even throw a tantrum!) This is why I LOVE working with her and recommend her to anyone who asks.
Most of us have control issues
So let’s hear from you.
- What’s your favorite way to improve client experience?
- What blind spots are you covering?
- Whose doing it well? (I’d love to get more examples of creative girlbosses rocking their client experiences!)